With summer in full swing, it isn’t uncommon for people start using (or looking for) travel rewards cards. Whether you’re someone who isn’t satisfied with your current credit card, or are simply looking for new cards that can help you rack up points for future travels, below is a roundup of the top 5 most rewarding credit cards when it comes to travel.
1. Venture Rewards Credit Card from Capital One – Considered as one of the most generous rewards cards in the market, The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card gives you 2 miles per dollar on all purchases. You’ll even get a one-time bonus of 10,000 miles when you spend a grand on in the first three months. Other benefits of this card include the fact that you can redeem your miles for any travel purchase (not just flights). What’s more, this card doesn’t slap on any foreign transaction fees, so you’ll be able to use your card abroad without incurring any extra charges. The only downside for this card is that it has an annual fee of $59 after the first year. However, if you do travel a lot, this fee might be worth it. If you want a card with no annual fee, you can check out Capital One’s Venture One Card, that offers 1.25 miles for every purchase.
2. Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express – This card gives you exceptional deals on flights and SPG hotels and resorts. The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card gives you Starpoints that you can redeem for free nights or free flights at over 1,000 hotels and 350 airlines with no blackout dates. Additionally, as a new card member you’ll received 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase and an additional 15,000 Starpoints if you spend $5,000 in the first 6 months. Just like the Venture Rewards Card though, this card has an annual fee of $65 after the first year.
3. Miles by Discover Card – Get 12,000 bonus miles per year—that’s 1,000 miles each month you use your card for the first year. This card also gives you double miles on your first $3,000 in travel and restaurant purchases each year, plus 1 mile for every dollar. The Miles credit card by Discover has no annual fee, and even has a 0% APR for the first 6 months.
4. Bank Americard Travel Rewards – Earn 1.5 pints for every dollar you spend, and redeem your points for all or part of your travel purchases. The Bank Americard Travel Rewards also gives you the freedom to use your card overseas without incurring any foreign transaction fees. This card doesn’t have an annual either, and you’ll even receive 10,000 bonus points after qualified purchases.
5. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – This card has a great introductory bonus of 40,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. It also gives you 2 points for every dollar you spend on travel and dining. Additionally, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card gives you 20% off travel when you redeem points for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals, and cruises through ultimate rewards. You’ll even receive a 7% annual points dividend at the end of each year. The card has an annual fee of $95, but that’s waived during the first year.
Image credit: Philip Taylor PT on Flickr