Last Updated: September 21st 2021
Last Updated: September 21st, 2021
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, driver’s license or ID numbers and information, in addition to your social media user accounts names, login information and other addresses and telephone numbers at which you received communication from or on behalf of Pointcom.
- Financial account information such as billing and/or credit card information etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested. This includes your credit card or debit card numbers, expirations dates, and card verification numbers.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
In addition, Pointcom may collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, birth date, zip code, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service. You may be asked to submit non-Personal information with Personal information or separately. Pointcom may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public. Pointcom collects personal and non-personal information in two ways: (1) Information you provide; and (2) Information we received from your use of our services.
Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information when you:
- Send us any written or electronic communication (via an email or other website database form)
- Complete a user account
- Create shopping cart data, as and when available
- Subscribe to newsletters, notifications and email updates
- Fill out questionnaires
Automatically Collected Information
When you use our services, we may collect certain information for the purpose of improving our products and services, troubleshooting bugs, providing the services, tracking usage and improving the overall performance of the services. Such information may include IP addresses, profile information, aggregate user data, technical session information, information about your computer, hardware, or mobile device, demographic information including gender, zip code, and navigational data including log files, server logs, and other data. If you arrived at our website via a link from another webpage, we may receive aggregate or otherwise anonymous statistical information about your visit to our websites.
Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use Pointcom services, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our website, your browser communicates with servers operated by us, our business partners and service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information. The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and in web cookies kept on your computers, which are then transmitted back to our website by your computers. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Pointcom may collect and may make use of personal information to fulfill requests for Pointcom products and services, assist in the operation of our website, to ensure delivery of the services you need and request and track redemption of products or services and perform other analytics. Pointcom may send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from www.Pointcom.com. Pointcom may collect and make use of personal information to manage our everyday business needs such as website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, Terms and Conditions or to comply with the law. Pointcom may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered. Pointcom may provide customers with offers for products and services from Pointcom, including offers based on variables such as state and anticipated customer interests. Pointcom may use personal information to evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services and may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of our other external business partners with regards to a potential new offer which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party. Pointcom may use aggregate anonymous data from our Services used for benchmarking, to improve the Services and find it beneficial to share specific data with our merchants and trusted business partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver support and/or arrange for deliveries to be made. Pointcom may use various third-party social media features including but not limited to and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Pointcom's control. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by sending an email to support@Pointcom.com. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices to our customers regarding material changes to our terms, conditions, and policies or purchased products and services which you may not opt out of receiving if you are a current customer.
Disclosure of Information
Pointcom will NOT share, sell, rent or trade Personal Information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, and will only share Personal Information as outlined herein or with your consent. Pointcom may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Pointcom.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are 100% impenetrable. Pointcom expressly makes no guaranteed protection of your personal information.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your Personal Information, including financial information, by sending us an email at support@Pointcom.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Data Processing & Transfers
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Clause
Your Rights under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from Pointcom information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by Pointcom or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party's direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask Pointcom not to sell your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section or web page.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from Pointcom information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months. The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your Consumer's rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you can email or call us or visit our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section. Pointcom will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, service providers we partner with may use technology that "sells" personal information as defined by the CCPA law. If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by emailing legal@Pointcom.com. Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use. If you have any questions, concerns or would like to report a complaint regarding a violation of CCPA, you can contact us:
By Phone: 800-296-7104
By Email: legal@Pointcom.com
c/o Legal Counsel
21200 W Oxnard St,#429
Woodland Hills, ca 91367
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of Your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Notice to European Union Users
Pointcom's operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month. You can do this by sending an email to support@Pointcom.com.
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the date, we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by logging into your account with us, or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of same. You can do this by sending an email to support@Pointcom.com.
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to support@Pointcom.com.
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your information, contact us at support@Pointcom.com.
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please send an email to support@Pointcom.com.
In addition to the rights above, please rest assured that we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below or visit our website at www.Pointcom.com.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible. If you have any questions, concerns or would like to report a complaint regarding a violation of GDPR, you can contact us:
Telephone: (800) 296-7104
6320 Canoga Ave Ste 200
Woodland Hills, California 91367
Pointcom greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Pointcom products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
Pointcom's website is NOT directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to support@Pointcom.com. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Pointcom will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Pointcom takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone: (800) 296-7104
6320 Canoga Ave Ste 200
Woodland Hills, California 91367